Wednesday 21 March 2012

Eat Like a King at Sambucas

Just because you have a shopping problem does not mean that your dinning budget has to suffer.  Thank God for Prix Fixe menus!!!

Almost half a year had gone by since I had seen my good friend Maria.  Luckily she was not afraid to call me out on being guilty for friendship neglection. 

So when I asked her where she wanted to go she mentioned Sambucas on Church. So a streetcar ride, a shut down subway, and a frantic sprint to the Village and I was reunited with my dear friend.
You may ask, "Why Sambucas? There is nothing overly unique about this restaurant" Oh, but there is! Well, maybe not so unique as it is filling.

There is this blog worthy prix fixe menu at Sambucas that gives you a fancy three course meal for only $25!!!

Naturally, since I over spent my weeks budget on cloths and vodka, I thought this prix fixe menu was a gift from God.  While we eagerly picked our three course meal we ordered a classy drink to accompany our dinner..... a pitcher of Keith's!

My Three Course Meal

Starter: PEI Mussels
These scrumptious sea crustaceans were served in a light curry cream sauce.  So skip the salad or soup and go right for the mussels.

Main Course:  12-ounce T-bone Steak
Served in a red wine peppercorn sauce and accompanied by mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.  Need I say more.





Dessert: Creme Brulee

Now I know that this picture doesn't do it justice, but this creme brulee is HUGE!!!

As if the first two portions weren't large enough, it seemed as if they were trying to kill us large amounts of food.  This creamy vanilla custard, topped with caramelized brown sugar was served in a soup bowl.

It was a good thing we had a lot of catching up to do because we had to take our time consuming this feast in order to avoid a food coma.

So if your stomach is larger than your wallet size, then I suggest grabbing a seat at the Sambucas on Church and ordering from the prix fixe menu.



I ♥ TO
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment