Sunday 13 November 2011

Raw Foodies Unite







There is no need for an oven in this restaurant, every thing is RAW!!!!!

Three weeks ago my mother was down in the city and I was given the challenge of finding a place to take her for dinner.  Normally in Toronto this is not an issue for this is a very restaurant-based city. However there is one catch..... she is a raw vegan.  Thank god I live with two vegetarians, it gave me an advantage. 








I told my roommate Brittany about my predicament and she said the best place for raw food is Rawlicious.  A subway ride away and a few steps from the Yonge subway station and we were at Rawlicious in Yorkville. 

My sister Rebecca and her very cute boyfriend accompanied mom and I, but we were still waiting for one more important part of the family..... my wife.  So while we waited for her we treated ourselves to the tasty smoothies that Rawlicious makes.  My personal favourite is the creamsicle smoothie with nutmilk, orange, avocado, vanilla and agave






There's my wife... now we can get started.  Sorry, I got so focused on the smoothies I forgot to give you the background of Rawlicious. 

Rawlicious is a restaurant that serves 100 per cent raw food.  This very charming spot holds no more then twenty customers and its art decorated walls create a very comfortable atmosphere.   Rawlicious is a living foods cafe that does not cook anything over 118F so you get all finest enzymes the food contains.... and it tastes pretty damn good too.



There are some great dishes I recommend on this menu:

Taco Wrap

A lettuce wrap containing salsa, nut cheese, tomato, nut-loaf and my favourite, guacamole!!

Nacho Platter

Rawlicious nacho chips with sliced green olives, green onions, hot banana peppers, and the classic salsa, raw sour cream and guacamole.


And for Dessert:

Blonde Macaroons

Coconut, cashew, vanilla and maple syrup... sounds good to me.

Cheesecake of the Day

Selection changes daily, but it was the lemon cheesecake that was the special that day.  I almost pass out from the pleasure it brings just thinking about it.



So, raw foodies I suggest you try Rawlicious and bring along a friend that prefers cooked food, I am sure that they will be pleasantly surprised.  I know I was and I am a "Meatatarian" that burns his food when he cooks.  Rawlicious is another aspect that adds to this amazing city. 



 TO

No comments:

Post a Comment