Monday 17 October 2011

Living on the “Edge”

“Now let go.” “What?” “…….Let Go!!!”
            
            Standing 1,168 ft above the ground, feeling the condensation on your face, seeing the whole of Toronto, and feeling like you are going to have, what I like to call, a “polite puke”.  That is the sensation when you are standing on the edge of the CN Tower for Toronto’s Edgewalk.
            On September 1 for my roommate’s birthday I agreed to (big mistake) walk on the CN Tower's newest attraction, the Edgewalk. This self torturing source of entertainment, which started this past August, includes a unique hour and half experience where 30 minutes is spent hanging on for dear life on the side of the CN tower.  And yes that is me trying to smile while I am getting photographed by my tour guide. 


            Even though the walk its self is extremely exhilarating, the best part of the whole experience, I would have to say is the interaction with the tour guide and the other “walkers”.  My tour guide was fun, engaging and had a lot to say about Toronto, which we could see clearly from the “highest point” of the city.  
            But for those who are not as adventurous or whose doctors say you should not walk on the “edge” there are many more CN Tower activities:


            So you can see that you don’t have to hang off the side of the CN tower to have fun. But if you like to push your limits I definitely recommend the walk.  But just so you see for yourself, here is actual footage of me trying to keep my composure.




Now the real question is, are you ready to walk on the ”edge?


I ♥ TO

No comments:

Post a Comment